ICI Berlin Press is looking for a part-time Managing Editor to coordinate and oversee all its workflows and procedures.
ICI Berlin Press is a small, non-profit publisher venturing beyond the confines of traditional publishing to promote new knowledges, diverse voices, and radical lines of questioning. It explores new modes for the distribution of scholarly, activist, and artistic knowledge, making full use of novel possibilities afforded by digitization and decentralized printing options, facilitating a global distribution of its titles in print. It is committed to making its books available OpenAccess in multiple electronic formats (html, pdf, epub) whenever possible.
• Plan the spring and fall programme
• Oversee editorial calendars, publication meetings, and production schedules
• Deal with review processes for submissions
• Liase with authors and editors
• Work with copy-editors and production staff
• Resolve issues as they arise (copyrights, image rights, translations, etc.)
• Ensure quality of publications, doing final copy-editing when necessary
• Coordinate press distribution (author and review copies, commission agreements with local book stores, etc.)
• Promote visibility (maintain press website and newsletter, target appropriate journals, reviewers, bookstores, and libraries)
• Experience as managing editor or similar role
• Copy-editing and proofreading skills
• Proficiency in English
• Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Reliability and efficiency
• Attention to detail and sensitivity in dealing with texts
• Affinity to interdisciplinary research
ICI Berlin Press is part of the ICI Berlin, which offers an intellectually stimulating, demanding, and diversified work-environment and a remuneration corresponding to TV-L 12 (50%), starting in September 2022.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, and relevant certificates) by e-mail only to email@example.com
To ensure consideration, applications should reach the ICI Berlin by 5 July 2022
The ICI Berlin is committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion, and particularly welcomes individuals who will contribute to equity and diversity in scholarly research, including, but not limited to: women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice.