1. Please read the
2. Please choose two recommenders who are able to comment on your suitability for the fellowship and the potential of your project. Ask them to send their letters of recommendation directly to application(at)ici-berlin.org by the application deadline.
3. Please prepare the following material in English or German as electronic documents (acceptable formats include: pdf, odt, doc, rtf, jpg, tiff):
A. Information sheet
Please download, save, and complete the information sheet.
B. Curriculum Vitae
Please include all information you deem relevant, noting that neiter date of birth nor personal picture are required.
C. Project Proposal with Abstract
Please write an abstract (about 1 000 characters) of your project proposal.
In your project proposal (no more than 10 000 characters in total), please indicate:
- the topic
- the questions, and goals of your project
- the methodology to be employed
- any preliminary work done
- a timetable of the planned form of publication.
Please describe how the project bears upon the focus Constituting Wholes of the core project Tension/Spannung and how you expect to contribute to an exchange with other fellows and benefit from it.
D. Work Samples
Please include a chapter from your book or dissertation, an article, work in progress, your portfolio, or some equivalent material or documentation. (No more than 50 000 characters or 20 pages).
Please make sure that your application is complete and send all the documents in one mail message of no more than 4 MB to application(at)ici-berlin.org.
Deadline is 6 January 2013.
The ICI Berlin will confirm receipt of all applications via e-mail. If you don’t receive a confirmation by 15 January 2013, please contact us at +49 (30) 473 7291-10.